What happens in paradise doesn’t stay in paradise.
As we’ve been covering, major drama went down during the first week of filming for season four of Bachelor In Paradise when contestant DeMario Jackson was said to be filmed in a sexual encounter with Corinne Olympios, who may have been too drunk to give consent. So sad.
As more details surface, a cast member — who has chosen to remain anonymous — has spoken out about the experience in an interview with People.
“We were told to stay in a certain part of the [resort] while they figured out what the hell had happened. We knew something bad had happened; there was a dark energy that came around the house. You have to understand that we weren’t even there a week. The game hadn’t even really begun yet.”
“They stopped taping anything, and we were just kind of there, waiting in limbo. We couldn’t talk to each other about what we knew. On Thursday, one of the camera guys told me that they were probably going to shut down production. I didn’t realize that it was that serious until then. I was like, Wait, they’re thinking of canceling the show?’ It hadn’t even crossed my mind that they’d do that.”
It wasn’t until the next day the contestants learned the show had been suspended from a female producer:
“One of them was crying. She told us that it was over and we’d all be going home … [The producer] was like, I don’t think that’s realistic.’ She said that there was an investigation going on, and that could take days, weeks, or even months. And by that time, we all have lives and jobs and things to go back to, so it just wasn’t going to work out. They told us that we’d be considered for future seasons and opportunities in the franchise, but that this adventure was probably over.”
It’s unclear as to whether everyone will receive money (which is usually between $8,000 and $15,000) — which is obviously very frustrating for those who left their actual jobs and lives to head to Mexico:
“We’re pissed that this whole thing happened. They could have stopped this before it got this far. We all feel used. We’re pissed off. People had planned their lives around this. Contestants quit their jobs for this. We all had to step away from our real lives for three weeks.”
Apparently, the whole cast is now trying to piece together what happened in private social media groups, but they all still feel pretty in the dark:
“I don’t know everything that happened. Obviously I didn’t suffer like other people are suffering, but still. It just sucks.”
Such a shitty situation all around.
More From this publisher : HERE